What is a Christian Science Reading Room?
Our Reading Room is a space where everyone can gather, study, and pray. It is a bookstore where you can purchase literature and other items to support your spiritual study and understanding of God. Come by and learn more about Christian Science and Christian Science healing!
Here is a sample of some of our items:
- The Christian Science textbook — the primary work by Mary Baker Eddy “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures” available in several languages and formats
- The weekly Christian Science Bible Lesson, which consists of citations from the Bible and Science and Health, in a variety of formats
- Bible translations and reference materials
- Children’s books, puzzles, and CD’s
- The Christian Science Monitor, Sentinel, Journal, and Herald magazines
- A lending library where books are available to borrow
- A subscription to JSH Online where you can browse over 130 years of articles on Christian Science, research specific topics, and read testimonies of healing. This archived collection is also available in print in our bound volume library.
Our current, temporary hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
There are Christian Science Reading Rooms around the world, sponsored by Christian Science churches, that are all available to the public. Click here to learn more about this worldwide resource and to find a directory to a Reading Room near you.